from FAMILY DAY CARE NEWS published by the Illinois Child Care Bureau, November, 1999
1 meaty turkey frame
12 cups water
1 onion, quartered
2 tsp salt
1 (16 oz) can tomatoes
1 TB chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp pepper
4 cups vegetables – any combination (spinach, peas, green beans, carrots, celery, corn)
1 ½ cups uncooked noodles
1. Break turkey frame and place in a large pot with the water, onion and salt. Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
2. Remove and cool turkey frame, cut off meat. Throw away bones.
3. Strain broth, removing solids.
4. Return broth to pot and add the cut up turkey meat, undrained tomatoes (cut-up), bouillon, oregano, thyme, pepper and vegetables.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Add noodles and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Servings: 10 (1 cup servings)