http://www.illinoischildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/fresh-apples1.jpgfrom the University of Illinois Extension Program
1 medium Golden Delicious apple – cored and thinly sliced
½ cup onions – chopped
1 cup carrots – thinly sliced
1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast – cubed
2 cups cooked brown rice (instant)
2 TB olive oil
1 cup frozen Chinese pea pods
- In a non-stick skillet, stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1 TB of olive oil until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry onion, carrots, and 1 TB olive oil until carrots are tender.
- Stir in pea pods and 1 TB water; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in apples.
- Add to chicken, serve hot over cooked rice.