This granola can be made in advance and stored for later use. Use this tasty treat as a topping for yogurt, pancakes, cereal, or cottage cheese.
3/4 cup oats – regular, rolled
1/2 TB honey
1 1/4 tsp brown sugar
1 TB water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 TB sunflower or sesame seeds
1 TB chopped nuts (optional)
1 TB dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, apricots) chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees
2. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or oil lightly.
3. Place oats in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Add nuts and seeds to the oats in the bowl.
5. Put brown sugar, honey and water in a microwave safe bowl or in a saucepan on low and heat until sugar dissolves (1 minute or less).
6. Add vanilla and salt to the melted sugar mixture. Pour over oat-nut mixture in the large bowl and stir well.
7. Spread granola mixture evenly on the prepared pan.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven. Sprinkle dried fruit on top while still warm. Cool before serving.